Retail Manager/ Merchandise Manager needed for adorable shop-in-shop located in Silver Lake. Join a growing and motivated business that tailors to activities and fitness for children and adults. Looking for an experienced Retail Merchandiser or Shop Manager (apparel, food, gift items) to manage the business within a business; hire and train team, oversee inventory, spearhead sales and marketing of the shop. The ideal candidate will have creative merchandising skills to showcase product and brainstorm sales promotions. This little dynamic retail store is located within an amazing 40,000 square foot gym, activity and fitness destination in the Echo Park area.
- Manage activities of the shop; accountable for all incoming and outgoing items, product orders, sales, promotions, marketing
- Creatively and effectively merchandise apparel, all items (gifts, snacks, games, coffee & juice) product, assist with in-store layout, product placement, best use of display and square footage
- Grow sales; brainstorm and collaborate with owners to create promotions that parallel and capitalize on in-house activities, functions, seasons and weather.
- Order regular product and anticipate seasonal needs, foresee inventory gaps and ensure pre-orders for all promotions
- Inventory management; diligently track and price (or label) product, product movement, check expiration dates on snack and drink items, enter or scan all received items, identify needs for new and different product.
- Vendor negotiations, vendor in-put/delivery set up, and vendor relations
- Marketing; generate new and effective ways to market product during business hours offline and online, within store and around the floor
- Social media; may assist with social media and community advertising and posts to draw attention to the shop
- Hire and select new store team members; train with inventory pricing, cashier, service and sales.
Preferred Skills and Experience
- Normally requires a Bachelor’s degree (or Associates degree) in Merchandising & Design, Marketing, Business, or similar.
- Required: Must have experience in Retail and or Merchandising experience 3-5 years, additionally 1+ year(s) as a supervisor or manager. Some kids wear or kids items ideal, but not required.
- Ability to hire, motivate and train a team, manage others, coordinate shifts and scheduling
- Strong interpersonal skills with sales and customer-service mind-set
- Experience working around clients of all ages; toddlers through adults
- Experience building client relations and increasing monthly sales in a retail environment
- Entrepreneur mentality and desire to continuously improve and grow a small retail business
This is an amazing opportunity for the right person. May allow flex schedule weekdays/ some weekends. Full time: approximately 30 – 35 hours per week, health benefits, parking, perks.
TO APPLY send resume to Lisa at email: “firstname.lastname@example.org” Please include “Retail Store Manager” in the subject line.
Talent Suede offers smart career choices for candidates, all levels in Apparel, Retail, Digital and Corporate industries. For more information and hot jobs log onto www.talentsuede.com.