J Brand is seeking a Sr. (import & denim) to carry out technical product development process and ensure consistency of garment fit and quality in assigned women’s apparel categories, ready-to-wear. The successful candidate will have passion for innovation within the women’s design market (denim and non-denim), and some import experience.
· Create initial technical drawings from sketch concept delivered by Design team using MS Excel and Illustrator software systems.
· Create and develop core library blocks to standardized specs and grade rules across all categories.
· CAD: Generate and input all garment specifications/ information and fit comments into computer system to create technical packages in MS Excel and Illustrator, create CAD templates
· Fittings: Conduct and participate in fittings from prototype through TOP with precise notes for any changes to garment and raw materials. Input changes/corrections/ revisions into technical package and communicate comments.
· Create measurement guides, grade rules and tolerances as appropriate for styles and classes from existing grade rules. Upkeep trim chart.
· Communicate all sewing, construction analysis, and wash notes with in-house teams and factories (domestic and overseas).
· Hand off tech pack(s) in a timely manner for development sample.
· Receive sample garment(s) and measure for accuracy of specifications.
· Accurately communicate changes, corrections and solutions internally and externally: with in-house teams and factories (domestic and overseas).
· Strong clear and concise communication and follow up with domestic and overseas factories to ensure accuracy of any changes, corrections or pro-active solutions to any potential production risk. Strong emphasis on overseas communication.
· Coordinate and communicate with Designer or Design team on silhouettes to have application (sizing & placement file).
· Ability to work with Product Development and Production to ensure calendar deliveries are met.
· Mentor, coach and develop a technical team, teaching them a “hands on” approach.
· Minimum total 3-5+ years' apparel Technical Design experience with a solid 2-3 years in denim (including 5 pocket design) in women’s contemporary categories, sportswear a plus.
· Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from technical school, college, or university. Additional experience may be taken in to consideration in lieu of education.
· Minimum 2 or 3 years of import desired, please indicate import countries
· Extensive knowledge of garment construction, women’s design, denim required
· Proficient CAD: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator/Sketching proficient
· Candidate must have strong technical skills with a focus on MS Excel, some MS Word and Outlook. PC and MAC proficient
· Previous apparel system experience is preferred. MS Dynamics a plus, but not required.
· Ability to identify & recognize fit issues proactively and accurately then; translate into revised pattern blocks & specs.
· Must be comfortable with 75-80% denim Technical Design.
· Detail oriented, able to judge, shift priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a level of accuracy and quality.
· Submission of work samples, portfolio link, and or portfolios to review are highly recommended
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; is occasionally required to talk or hear; walk, stand or otherwise move self in a reasonable way position to perform the essential duty. The employee must occasionally lift, carry or otherwise move or position up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee comes in contact on occasion with a sharp object. The general working hours are between 8:30 am to 5:30pm and overtime may be required from time to time.
For consideration, please EMAIL resumes to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and put “Sr. ” in the subject line.
J Brand is seeking an eCommerce to help on our eCommerce graphic design team. eCommerce works with other designers to develop digital assets. Your responsibilities will include completing day-to-day design work for our Ecommerce websites, emails, online advertising, social media platforms and more while ensuring deliverable completion under tight deadlines. Candidate will primarily provide support toward e-Commerce related graphics.
- Following the established design standard to carry out any design tasks assigned by the VP of Art & Visuals as well as the e-Commerce team.
- Strong UI/UX Design for Desktop and Mobil
- Design Emails & Newsletters, Banners, Websites, Landing Pages, Mocks, and other Digital Assets.
- Create mock-ups and comps for presentations and approval sign-off.
- Ability to work within corporate branding guidelines and align all creative with our brand identity
- Eye for visually pleasing/ beautiful digital design
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Klaviyo or Mailchimp a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Basecamp
- Ability to create organized and meticulous files and PSD's easily shared and understood
- Research new technologies and design trends. Maintain library of materials and examples.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five years’ experience and Associates degree from college or university. Candidate must have experience with Mac OSX, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 2 or higher and strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply: email resume to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
J Brand values the individual talent that comprises this company and is committed to equal opportunities for each employee's advancement. Our company believes in and supports policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.