J Brand is a leading apparel and denim brand that is part of the Fast Retailing global family of companies. We believe people are the key to achieving our overall success. We are a company that is committed to developing and growing our talent to align with business growth and objectives.
J Brand is seeking a Sr. (import & denim) to carry out technical product development process and ensure consistency of garment fit and quality in assigned women’s apparel categories, ready-to-wear. The successful candidate will have passion for innovation within the women’s design market (denim and non-denim), and some import experience.
· Create initial technical drawings from sketch concept delivered by Design team using MS Excel and Illustrator software systems.
· Create and develop core library blocks to standardized specs and grade rules across all categories.
· CAD: Generate and input all garment specifications/ information and fit comments into computer system to create technical packages in MS Excel and Illustrator, create CAD templates
· Fittings: Conduct and participate in fittings from prototype through TOP with precise notes for any changes to garment and raw materials. Input changes/corrections/ revisions into technical package and communicate comments.
· Create measurement guides, grade rules and tolerances as appropriate for styles and classes from existing grade rules. Upkeep trim chart.
· Communicate all sewing, construction analysis, and wash notes with in-house teams and factories (domestic and overseas).
· Hand off tech pack(s) in a timely manner for development sample.
· Receive sample garment(s) and measure for accuracy of specifications.
· Accurately communicate changes, corrections and solutions internally and externally: with in-house teams and factories (domestic and overseas).
· Strong clear and concise communication and follow up with domestic and overseas factories to ensure accuracy of any changes, corrections or pro-active solutions to any potential production risk. Strong emphasis on overseas communication.
· Coordinate and communicate with Designer or Design team on silhouettes to have application (sizing & placement file).
· Ability to work with Product Development and Production to ensure calendar deliveries are met.
· Mentor, coach and develop a technical team, teaching them a “hands on” approach.
· Minimum total 3-5+ years' apparel Technical Design experience with a solid 2-3 years in denim (including 5 pocket design) in women’s contemporary categories, sportswear a plus.
· Associate’s degree or Bachelor’s degree from technical school, college, or university. Additional experience may be taken in to consideration in lieu of education.
· Minimum 2 or 3 years of import desired, please indicate import countries
· Extensive knowledge of garment construction, women’s design, denim required
· Proficient CAD: Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator/Sketching proficient
· Candidate must have strong technical skills with a focus on MS Excel, some MS Word and Outlook. PC and MAC proficient
· Previous apparel system experience is preferred. MS Dynamics a plus, but not required.
· Ability to identify & recognize fit issues proactively and accurately then; translate into revised pattern blocks & specs.
· Must be comfortable with 75-80% denim Technical Design.
· Detail oriented, able to judge, shift priorities and meet deadlines while maintaining a level of accuracy and quality.
· Submission of work samples, portfolio link, and or portfolios to review are highly recommended
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; is occasionally required to talk or hear; walk, stand or otherwise move self in a reasonable way position to perform the essential duty. The employee must occasionally lift, carry or otherwise move or position up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee comes in contact on occasion with a sharp object. The general working hours are between 8:30 am to 5:30pm and overtime may be required from time to time.
For consideration, please EMAIL resumes to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and put “Sr. ” in the subject line.
For company and product information log on below: