At J Brand, innovation and creativity is our passion. We are a family of smart, amazing people who foster an environment of collaboration and fun. We believe our people are the key to achieving our business objectives and our overall success. Our team is our most important asset. Join us!
J Brand is seeking an eCommerce to help on our eCommerce graphic design team. eCommerce works with other designers to develop digital assets. Your responsibilities will include completing day-to-day design work for our Ecommerce websites, emails, online advertising, social media platforms and more while ensuring deliverable completion under tight deadlines. Candidate will primarily provide support toward e-Commerce related graphics.
- Following the established design standard to carry out any design tasks assigned by the VP of Art & Visuals as well as the e-Commerce team.
- Strong UI/UX Design for Desktop and Mobil
- Design Emails & Newsletters, Banners, Websites, Landing Pages, Mocks, and other Digital Assets.
- Create mock-ups and comps for presentations and approval sign-off.
- Ability to work within corporate branding guidelines and align all creative with our brand identity
- Eye for visually pleasing/ beautiful digital design
- Advanced knowledge of the Adobe Creative Suite
- Ability to multitask and work efficiently under tight deadlines
- Knowledge of Klaviyo or Mailchimp a plus but not required
- Knowledge of Basecamp
- Ability to create organized and meticulous files and PSD's easily shared and understood
- Research new technologies and design trends. Maintain library of materials and examples.
Education and/or Experience:
- Three to five years’ experience and Associates degree from college or university. Candidate must have experience with Mac OSX, MS Office Suite, Adobe Creative Suite 2 or higher and strong skills in Photoshop and Illustrator.
To apply: email resume to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and include “Graphic Designer” in the subject line.
J Brand values the individual talent that comprises this company and is committed to equal opportunities for each employee's advancement. Our company believes in and supports policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
J Brand is seeking an experienced Import Production Manager to join our Production team. This role directly supports and reports to the VP of Production. We require a forward thinking individual who wants to contribute to the growth of J Brand each season.
· Manage product lifecycle from salesman sample thru bulk production delivery.
· Ensure milestone dates are and tactical deadlines are met every season.
· Maintain accurate cost sheets. Ensure vendors are submitting cost sheets when changes are made to product post salesman sample. Must be familiar with duty rate HTS, landing cost sheets, and understanding of margins.
· Ability to read and understand import tech packs, BOM, specification sheets and interpret fit comments required. Strong understanding of denim washing preferred.
· Experience building time and action calendars for import production. Will be working closely with planning team communicating booking dates for timely production.
· Obtain time and action reports from all vendors prior to implementing production schedules. Facilitate early material booking and/or capacity reservations occur to guarantee on time delivery.
· Will manage all communication with multiple vendors. Includes managing weekly WIP and closely monitoring a variety of deadlines tied to PO issuing, approvals, and on time shipping.
· Enforcing required product testing and approving final product, components, and packaging.
· PO cycle: must know how to issue a PO on apparel systems, track and set delivery dates, connect in-house dates, while retaining ship windows.
· Customs broker: prefer experience with customs brokers, systems entries , shipping information, shipment approvals
· Manage drop shipments on a monthly basis. Collect drop shipment information from customer service and work with PO admin to make necessary updates to PO and send to vendors in a timely manner. Communicate shipping information to customer and ensure approvals to ship are rec’d from customer. Collect all documentation of shipment from vendor and update internal system for invoicing.
· Work with cross functional partners in PD and tech design on initial line adoption, seasonal line reviews to stay updated on future seasons.
· Communicate any production delivery delays to customer service and planning. Ensure internal AX system has accurate PO delivery information at all times.
· Works closely with the warehouse, relay processing and important information regarding inbound shipments.
· Attend all import pre-production fittings with design and technical design. Must be able to clearly communicate and steer teams toward fit approvals when changes begin to affect delivery.
· Mitigate risks to profitability and performance to goals by identifying issues and developing action plans collaboratively with teams.
· Responsible for weekly reporting of production delivery status to VP of Production.
· Other duties may be assigned
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
· Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills
· Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members
· Strong multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
· Strong work ethic to excel in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
· Possess a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast paced environment
Required Skills and Education:
· Minimum 5 years’ experience in import production or product development
· Must be proficient MS Excel and MS Word, and Outlook. Ability to build complex Excel files with formulas and vlookups a plus.
· Must have strong understanding of the import product lifecycle with experience managing production, with a focus on woven and denim. Understanding of knits and sweaters a plus.
· Bachelor’s degree preferred. A combination of experience may be considered in lieu of education
· Candidates must have proven import production experience
· MS Dynamics AX or other apparel or consumer goods systems preferred
To apply: please email resume to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and include “Import Production Mgr” in the subject line.
Senior Company Sales Planner
We are seeking individuals who aspire to grow. At J BRAND, teamwork is crucial. We encourage team members to take the initiative and actively participate in all aspects of our business. We are committed to a merit-based work environment and fairly assessing employees on ability, growth and achievement—regardless of race, color, national origin, citizenship, religion, sex, age, disability, marital status, veteran status, sexual orientation, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local civil laws. We offer career advancement to hardworking, committed individuals who consistently generate results. All of our employees have the potential to take on greater responsibility and rise within our organization.
Reporting to the Director of Global Inventory and Planning, the Senior Company Sales Planner will partner with company-wide work teams to achieve forecasting goals and objectives.
- Manage all metrics to achieve financial goals. Partner with the Sales, Merchandising and Finance work groups to tie all forecasting to company-wide goals and accountability thru all Global Channels
- At a Department/class level, develop sales, gross margin, and inventory plans that support the company’s profit objectives. Collaborate with merchandising to ensure that financial objectives align with product opportunities.
- Guide the merchandising team, utilizing historical data and current trends, to capitalize on new opportunities, and identify risks. Communicate opportunities and risks to key business partners including merchandising, finance, marketing, sales, and brand leaders.
- Create seasonal buy strategies and assortment plans by product category and communicate/partner with the buying staff to appropriately project product potential and life cycle.
- Identify product consolidation and opportunities based on product performance and intended life cycle.
- Assist in running of weekly reports, analyze to identify trends, communicate chase opportunities to buying team and partner as necessary with production to ensure delivery dates.
- Partner in development of and maintain open-to-buy and inventory control through forecasting sales by category on a weekly, monthly, seasonal, and annual basis.
- Partner with Ecom planner to create seasonal plans for Internet in collaboration with Planning and E-commerce Teams. Ensure that sales and receipt flow are consistent with E-commerce Demand plan. Identify and recommend opportunities for growth
- Partner with E-Commerce planner and merchandiser when assorting buys to assure line integrity and sku specific benchmarks are kept and achieved.
· Monitor in-season plan changes to ensure that on-line store remains consistent with Demand Plan and Internet Budget Plan.
- Create sound purchase plans that achieve the optimal balance of inventory by product bucket, establishing the correct mix of fashion and basics in the assortment.
- Communicate sales, receipt, turn and inventoryrisk and opportunities at weekly management meetings.
Desired Skills and Experience:
- Four year degree preferred
- Minimum of 4-6 years of planning experience in a fast-paced wholesale/store retail company
- Knowledge of production flow and operations
- Excellent communication skills
- Proven leadership skills with an importance of team building/development
- Detail oriented
- Proven organizational skills and multi-task oriented
- Exceptional problem solving /decision making skills
- A keen eye for fashion/trend analysis
- Requires P&L, budgeting, inventory turn and gross margin experience
- Allocation experience/expertise strongly preferred
- Expert proficiency in Excel
- Proficient in Word and Outlook
Please send resumes for consideration to email@example.com with “Senior Planner” in the subject line.