J BRAND is seeking an experienced Pattern Maker who is proficient on Gerber systems, to create ready patterns, and has some denim and non-denim experience (import and domestic), will assist with Production (1st - Production) patterns as needed. Must be experienced with fittings and will perform pattern corrections within department timelines.
- Create development patterns and make changes and edits on the Gerber system. Will make production patterns as needed
- Translate the design sketch and or sample into a first pattern using Gerber software on PC.
- Work with design/pre production team on fit specifics
- Create pattern card with all necessary information including final spec measurements and hand off to sample maker team.
- Along with delivering pattern card to sample maker, provide advice and or input on the right techniques to construct the garment.
- Ability to create novelty pattern work
- Receive completed sample from sample maker team and measure for accuracy.
- Attend development/production fittings of samples with design and pre production team.
- Review with team fit technician notes for any pattern adjustments needed to produce final spec measurements and development/production pattern to be handed off.
- Work with sample room on sewing construction based off patterns.
- Maintain a library of good basic patterns as a reference
- Organization patterns, and should adhere to ongoing timelines as needed
Education and Experience:
- Minimum 6-7+ years’ of Pattern Making experience
- Must have a minimum of 5 years of 1st – production and denim experience (import and domestic fabric)
- Must be highly proficient Gerber systems – required
- Ability to digitize patterns preferred
- Strong knowledge of denim, denim shrinkage, twill and woven fabrics.
- Candidate must have experience with PC systems such as Outlook email, MS Word, and basic MS Excel
- Associates Degree from college or university preferred
- Must be willing to test for 1 hour during interview
Qualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical Demands: While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to sit; use hands to finger, handle or feel; is occasionally required to talk or hear; walk, stand or otherwise move self in a reasonable way position to perform the essential duty. The employee must occasionally lift, carry or otherwise move or position up to 10 pounds.
Work Environment: The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate to loud. The employee comes in contact on occasion with a sharp object. The general working hours are between 8:30 am to 5:30pm and overtime may be required from time to time.
TO APPLY: email resumes to email@example.com with “Pattern Maker” in the subject line.
J Brand values the individual talent that comprises this company and is committed to equal opportunities for each employee's advancement. Our company believes in and supports policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
Log on below for company information: