At J Brand, innovation and creativity is our passion. We are a family of smart, amazing people who foster an environment of collaboration and fun. We believe our people are the key to achieving our business objectives and our overall success. Our team is our most important asset. Join us!
We’re seeking a motivated Assistant Designer – Women’s to join an existing team of amazing designers. In this exciting role, you will assist in the design of the women’s denim line and you will bring an existing passion for denim design and development for a global customer. This role directly supports and reports to the Women’s Senior Director of Design.
· Help build fabric and fit ideas and assist in driving seasonal design concepts
· Tech packs creation and maintenance for domestic and import styles
· Building and manage the denim sample line
· Issue cut tickets for prototypes and follow process from pattern to cut to sew to measure to wash to measure to fit process for domestic styles
· Collaborate with product development for trim, send out, and any related items
· Support the design Director with all daily tasks
Preferred Qualifications and Characteristics:
• Ability to demonstrate logical thinking and problem solving skills
• Ability to develop strong, professional relationships with team members
• Strong multitasking, prioritization, and organization skills
• Strong work ethic to excel in a fast paced environment
• Ability to work autonomously with minimal direction
• Possess a strong work ethic and thrive in a fast paced environment
•Display a creative design aesthetic that compliments the J Brand style aesthetic
• Ability to work effectively as part of a design team
Required Skills and Education:
• Minimum 2 years’ experience on a design team, preferably with a specialty in denim
• Candidate must have strong technical skills with a focus on MS Excel, some MS Word and Outlook. PC and MAC proficient.
• Intermediate Photoshop and/or Illustrator experience
• Ability and high level of comfort to freehand sketch
• Knowledge of denim fabric, construction and fit
• Strong understanding of denim design and production process
• Knowledge of premium and luxury denim and fashion brands
• Bachelor’s degree or Associates degree in Design or Merchandising. A combination of experience may be considered in lieu of education
• Candidates must be able to show a portfolio or work samples upon request. A design assessment may be assigned.
To apply: please email resume to JBLAcareers@jbrandjeans.com and include “Design Asst WOMEN’S” in the subject line.
J Brand values the individual talent that comprises this company and is committed to equal opportunities for each employee's advancement. Our company believes in and supports policies and practices that prohibit discrimination against any person because of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, marital status, disability, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.
No phone calls please. No agencies or third party recruiters.